Sunday 8 November 2015

Masthead Research

Masthead Research

Ideas for Masthead:

Here are some examples of existing mastheads from other newspapers in including The Times, The Independent and the Daily Mail.
I will come up with multiple ideas for what I could use for my newspaper, with help from existing newspaper mastheads I can take inspiration from them such as the design and font style and incorporate that into my designs. An idea I had was a design with a crest like what is seen in the Daily Mail and The Independent, these crest's are used to show where or symbolise where the newspaper is based on its location such as London and this also makes it look unique and also easily recognised to viewers.Some ideas will be variations of one idea with slight changes like the size of the font and font style, each masthead has similarities that they all possess, the design is very simple and most mastheads use a more elegant type font such as what the Daily Mail uses, The Independent uses a similar type font but its not as bold. For my masthead I want it have the same elegant type style font none bold, a crest to represent the location as well which only a few existing newspaper mastheads use. 







No comments:

Post a Comment